[IAEP] Journal criticism

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Wed May 27 19:58:27 EDT 2009

Thanks to Tomeu and others for your contributions. My summary:

Browse not naming a downloaded file so it includes the name of the file actually downloaded has been registered as a bug on Trac

My comments on autosave and journal spam relate to release 0.82, releases 0.84 and 0.86 have  changes which may address my concerns

The flat journal is to remain as the primary method of saving and retrieving, but a number of enhancements are on the wish list:

hierarchical views of the underlying filesystem and for external devices: USB and SD card

the ability to copy between the journal and a filesystem with user control of mime type and extension

the ability to inspect and alter journal items' mime type

use the  SD card to extend journal capacity

sort journal by title metatag

where multiple activities can open a mime type, there is a default activity which the user can change

multiple item selection in journal

Thanks all
Tony