[IAEP] Documentation [WAS: Re: [Sugar-devel] [Localization] Help activity]

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu May 28 05:45:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 21:47, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> [Jumping into the discussion midway]:
>
> From an l10n point of view, I would highly recommend adopting (and
> perhaps extending) the GNOME documentation framework. It is docbook
> based, which is a format pretty easy to pick up (and I believe
> OpenOffice.org can also export to docbook - though I have never tried
> it out).

Well, I think it was a decision by the people who wrote the manual to
use floss manuals, I guess it would be up to them which tool they use.
And in the same way, translators would choose the tools that best suit
them. I think that floss manuals has already tools for translation and
also think that people have worked on a translation to spanish, Maybe
we should ask to those people which was their experience with the
floss manuals tool set?

Regards,

Tomeu