[IAEP] Testing Soas

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:37:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
<satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to help test with the resources and skills that I have.
>
> I am using VMWorkstation 6.5.2 for testing snapshots
> burning CD's and attempting Boots with them
> I have available to my use:
>
> 3 Dell Computers:
> 520n = Ubuntu 9.04
> 530n = Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (VMworkstation)
> Dimension 2350 XPPro SP2  (VMworkstation)
> hp e-pc 1200 (with USB 1.0 only) Fedora 11 (leonidas) from upgraded Preview
> net  install
> Netbook:
> EePC900 first linux edition
> HP Laptop: Multimedia x1000 =Vista
> Last version of Apple Powerbook G4
>
> I have been helping nubae testing his sugarSUSE builds
> I have been working on an alternate boot able
> 1 or 2 USB stick VMPlayer solution to archive
> Persistent SUGAR entities.
> (VMWARE on wiki)

This is all very valuable help. Thank you.

> I am retired and want to help;
> Please point me in other ways that I can help.

Can you tell me a bit more about your background and interests? There
are many different ways to get involved--getting deeper into testing
being one obvious one. But outreach, curriculum development,
documentation, support, etc. are all in need of more hands as well.

(I presume you've visited the
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved page in the
wiki?)

> Tom Gilliard
> satellit
> Bend, OR

Thanks for all the help to date. Look forward to hearing from you.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender