[IAEP] Journal criticism

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Wed May 27 14:47:07 EDT 2009

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> 4).  For the Journal proper, I agree that a temporal view has value.
>>  However, in addition to that I'd like to sort by the Title meta tag.  This
>> would be a natural for etexts, because you could look for a book more easily
>> if they were all in alphabetical order.  If you had a large library on your
>> XO the temporal sequence would be annoying.
> Yup, we have mockups that add this functionality. n_tasks_up_for_grabs++

At the moment I feel more comfortable working on Activities, and there
are still a lot of things I want to do with the two Activities I have.
When I have more experience I might think about working on Sugar proper,
but that could be a long way off.

>> Right now the only way to make a Zip file Journal entry open with the right
>> Activity with one click is to make the Activity open the Journal entry with
>> the Object Chooser, then save it back out as a new Journal entry.  Then the
>> user deletes the original Journal entry.  We need something easier than
>> that.
>>

> Maybe open by default in the last activity it was open with?

Sounds good to me.  Maybe display the icon of said Activity in the
Journal entry to indicate how it will be opened?