[IAEP] journal criticism (was Re: Re: Re: [RELEASE] TurtleArt-51)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed May 27 09:45:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 14:37,  <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:
>  [sorry, I am not on sugar-devel list]
>
> Hi Tomeu
> Two points expanded:
>
>> > altering the filenames and extensions of email attachments
>>
>> Could you please expand on this use case?
>
> Using webmail, you save a mail attachment to the journal, the filename is not preserved. Using webmail you retransmit the attachment, the filename and extension are lost.

Ok, I think that Simon has plans to fix this in this release. Wonder
what should happen if the user renames the journal entry, should the
original file name be used? Or a new one based on the journal entry
would be used instead?

>> I'm failing to understand the problem. Could you please explain further?
>
> Due to some server error, the server is serving turtle_art-48.xo when the turtle_art-51.xo link is clicked. Because Windows preserves the filename, you can see that you have downloaded turtle_art-48.xo whereas Sugar uses some other process to name the downloaded file and its very hard to understand why you have v48 rather than v51 installed.

This sounds like a simple bug, could you file a ticket, please?

Thanks,

Tomeu