[IAEP] rEFIT for Mac Boot of SoaS - Not working for me. Anyone been successful?

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:06:07 EDT 2009

Jonas is correct, the nearest equivalent is the Option key... to show
valid boot volumes to choose from at boot time... which is why i was
wondering if the CD is identified as a boot volume by OSX.

I constructed a bless command
(http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2009-May/005882.html) which
boots SoaS from the USB key, even though the volume is not identified
as bootable by OSX. The boot is interrupted and falls to a root
prompt, but it may be possible to overcome that bug and boot into
Sugar directly from the key.

Mathieu Bridon of the fedora project has given me some advice, I hope
to be able to work on that over the next couple of days.

By the way he says the Fedora PPC version should be able to boot
PowerPC (pre-Intel) Macs, and doesn't see why Sugar couldn't run on
top of that. Am I missing something?

thanks

Sean