[IAEP] soas live cd on MacBook? How?

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:45:12 EDT 2009

Part of the problem is that the bootable stick does not appear in the
list of bootable volumes on Option keypress at boot time. Nor, for
that matter, on the list of boot volumes in the System/Startup Disk
section of System Preferences.

The advantage of the bless approach is to simplify use through
scripting; no installation of anything is necessary (although admin
permissions may be); a user could insert the key, click on an "OSX
startup" icon, and (when the bug gets fixed) reliably boot directly
into SoaS without touching the hard disk. The --nextonly switch
assures return to the usual environment on following boot; it would
suffice to reinsert the key and reclick the icon for a subsequent
Sugar session.

Sean.