[IAEP] Pangaean

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed May 20 20:41:36 EDT 2009

This is highly culture-specific. Many in our target audience will not
recognize a shopping cart or a carrot, or particular styles of
clothing. Hamburgers may be offensive in India, or even to some in
France.

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> This project is in many ways complementary to Sugar:
>
>  http://www.pangaean.org
>
> I'd like to know what people think about it.  The software appears to be
> Windows based, but perhaps it's built with portable technologies.
>
> If not, we might want to pick up the basic idea of communicating through
> pictons.  In the resources section, there are several academic papers on
> this research.

As long as we understand that the meaning of pictures and icons is not
and cannot be natural/intuitive/inherent, we can explore many
possibilities. For example, we are still stuck with a floppy disk icon
for the 'Save' command.

> --
>   // Bernie Innocenti - http://codewiz.org/
>  \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://sugarlabs.org/