[IAEP] VIA C3 based laptop

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 20 05:10:27 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On the other hand, if you want up-to-date Sugar in a simple way, then I
> have no recommendation for you: I suspect that most if not all of the
> fast-moving distros like SoaS and Ubuntu care less about wide support,
> so might not handle your hardware properly.

SoaS boots on the XO, which is also "not a i686". The kernel rpm name
says "i586" IIRC. I think it has a reasonable chance of working on
C3s.

Of course, it's also a lot of fun to do it on Debian with Jonas'
packages ;-) -- just wanted to mention that SoaS isn't i685-only.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions