[IAEP] The eBook "ah ha" moment for Sugar on a Stick

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue May 12 13:37:40 EDT 2009

For the next SoaS Beta I'd like to help users trying out Sugar, especially
educators, have an "ah ha" moment about how Sugar on a Stick can open a huge
world of books for their students.

The US elementary schools I visit have a computer lab and they have books.
But they certainly don't have the budget to get as many copies of as many
different books as they would like.

Maybe our new users will know that there are free books on the internet.
Good chance they have never actually tried it themselves.  Plus, having a
book on the internet doesn't help their students if they get one hour of
computer time in the lab.

But having a book on your Sugar Stick and being able to read it in multiple
locations is actually very useful!

This is one of the many things I want educators to discover as they play
with their Sugar Sticks.

I know we have wonderful library apps coming down the pike. What I'm
interested in right now is what is the art of the possible for the next Beta
in June?

Suggestions so far:

- Include the FLOSS Sugar manual in the SoaS Image
- Add a link to one or more free book sites in the startup page on Browse
- Include a kids book in the SoaS Image.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
Caroline

--