[IAEP] Experiences with Soas2-200904231400.iso

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Tue May 12 10:57:12 EDT 2009

Caroline,

I have nothing to add to what I wrote before as far as the boot diskette
issue.  However, I got an email about the need for new boot CDs which
was responded to here:

http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/812#comment:1

The response includes a script to generate a boot CD for a given USB
stick ISO.  For me, this eliminates the need for boot diskettes and is a
more satisfactory solution (Assuming the script works.   I haven't had
time to try it yet.)

The boot diskette provided by PLOP does the job, so I don't see a need
for making something specific to SoaS.  I understand the appeal of
sticking a boot diskette in the drive when the machine is turned off
versus the quick reflexes you need to boot from a CD.  It's just that
even considering that the boot CD gives a better experience and probably
always will.

James Simmons