[IAEP] 1500 XOLiveCD in German schools

Rita Freudenberg rita at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon May 11 09:12:52 EDT 2009

Caroline Meeks wrote:

> Wow, who caused this to happen?  Thank you! Thank you!
That would be Joachim Wedekind:
http://joachim-wedekind.de/

He's a media education professional, and active in the German OLPC
community since 2007. In Summer 2008 he contacted my hsuband Bert and
some others for a topical issue of the "LOG IN" journal. He didn't had
time to write an article but I did... The sugar article is mostly based
on the Sugar Users Guide from FLOSS Manuals.

> This sounds great! Can we get them translated?
I did ask the editor about that, I will let you know.

> Anyone (Sean) know how to approach similar magazines around the world?
> Maybe the editors of Log In has contacts.
I did ask them about that, too.

Greetings,
Rita

> Is there a call to action included?  What would we want teachers and
> school administrators to do once they have tried Sugar?
>
> Cheers,
> Caroline
>

>     Thanks to all the authors and supporters!
>
>     - Bert -

> Caroline Meeks
> Solution Grove
> Caroline at SolutionGrove.com