[IAEP] 1500 XOLiveCD in German schools

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat May 9 05:36:10 EDT 2009

On 09.05.2009, at 02:16, Kurt Gramlich wrote:

> dear friends
>
> the German association FSuB e. V. has sponsored 1500 XOLiveCDs.
>
> This CDs are distributed within a Newspaper called LOG-IN.
> So we will reach about 1500 schools in Germany with 36 pages of
> information about OLPC.
>
> For those who are able to read German:
>
> http://log-in-verlag.de/PDF-Dateien/LOG_IN_156_PUB.pdf
>
> The XOLiveCd has more than 50 activities working out of the box.

Thanks to FSuB for that.

This issue of the "LOG IN" journal (which is primarily aimed at
teachers) has many Sugar-related articles, about deployments, Sugar
itself, Activities, and even the School server:

"Laptops vs. Satchels" editorial by Joachim Wedekind and Bernhard
Koerber
"OLPC - from vision to global movement" by Christoph Derndorfer
"The OLPC pilot in Ethiopia" by Hermann Härtel
"Learning with Etoys" by Rita Freudenberg
"Educational concepts vs. hardware" a discussion between Richard
Heinen and Joachim Wedekind
"Sugar - an operating system for learning" by Rita Freudenberg
"Programming the XO" by Joachim Wedekind and Christian Kohls
"First steps to visual programming with TurtleArt and Scratch" by
Rüdeger Baumann
"Networking the XO" - hardware, Sugar collaboration services, XS by
Volkmar Hinz
"The XO Live CD" - by Wolfgang Rohrmoser

Thanks to all the authors and supporters!

- Bert -