[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Sugar Digest 2009-05-03

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 19:45:29 EDT 2009

Hi all,

following David Farning's advice, we want to keep the SugarCamp as
informal as possible.  Yet we want to have some tangible output, on
top of the obvious (and noble) task of building the Sugar community.

So we have been brainstorming a bit and here are 17 challenges that
we may want to tackle.  Here is your mission:

- re-order this list to reflect your priorities (we will certainly
  focus only on the 10 first items in this list)

- try to be more specific in defining each challenge (we will have
  a page on the wiki describing each challenge more thoroughly)

- try to make the challenge both doable and... challenging!

Of course, this list is open.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your feedback.

- Gcompris: package Gcompris as a .xo file

- WikiBrowse: have a simple receipe to build a WikiBrowse in any
  language, and start using it for a french WikiBrowse

- Help activity: have a simple receipe to build a Help activity in any
  language, and start a french WikiBrowse

- Install Sugar on the Gdium

- Finish the malagasy translation of Sugar core system

- Run the XS server on several architectures/systèmes

- Define and build a french bundle of Sugar activities

- Update several XOs from another XO

- Run Ooo4Kids on the XO (make it run better, sugarize it)

- Have a usable Ebook reader and package content for it

- Specify a pedagogical activity based on 3D sound

- Have an activity (à la Help) to make the Guide XO Gabon
  available/readable within Sugar

- Hardware test for SOAS

- Run Sugar on a Nokia N800

- Translate the deployment guide

- Create screencasts for several activities

- Have a css to make a Moodle website more readable on the XO/netbooks