[IAEP] Library Activity

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue May 5 14:33:33 EDT 2009

On 5 May 2009, at 18:23, Aleksey Lim wrote:

> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 09:41:01AM -0700, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:
>> Sorry for posting the screenshot without text (I was reposting a
>> compacted
>> version of the original screenshot, which our list manager wisely
>> refused to
>> forward).  My original post was:
>>
>> I have attached a screenshot of calibre.  This is a very useful way
>> to look
>> at books, though I'm sure many improvements could be suggested.
>> (Clicking
>> column headings sorts the grid.)
>
> Thanks for screens,
> Library could have fileformat-backends to parse all these books
> related
> properties from files to make calibre-like view more useful.

Just for a more tangible UI reference. Here's how the lovely Delicious
Library presents objects, not just books, but music, dvds, tools,
gadgets, clothes, anything you care to give it really. You can then
share and browse the library meta-data with friends so you know what
items you each have (or are willing) to share. It's more aimed at
tracking physical objects, rather than distributing virtual objects,
so you would use it to track who's has got what if you were running
say, an physical XO hardware lending library. But virtual objects
would work just as well in the UI.