[IAEP] NYSCATE - Nov 2009 in Rochester NY

Caroline Meeks solutiongrove at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:07:07 EDT 2009

Hi Karlie,

Walter and I are doing a talk at a similar show MassCUE (computer using
educators) Oct 28-29th. I think we are just signed up for a 1 hour talk.

We will be doing 9 hours over 3 days of professional development using an
existing computer lab and SoaS in August in Worchester, MA.

If you do a hands on session you could have people bring a laptop and use
SoaS.

We should work together to create a 3-hour curriculum on using Sugar in a
math curriculum highlighting some of the results of your 4th grade math
project.  It would be great to take teachers through examples of activities
already aligned with curriculum standards to making their own activities.

What is the time frame on the 4th grade project?  When would be a good time
to look at results?

Thanks!
Caroline

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Karlie Robinson <
karlie_robinson at webpath.net> wrote:

> Good afternoon everyone.
> Charles Profitt has me thinking a lot about he New York State
> Association for Computers and Technologies in Education Trade show in
> Rochester NY, November 22-24, 2009.  As Chas explains, if technology
> isn't pitched at NYSCATE, it won't even be on the radar for districts in
> NY State.
> While I could complete the RFP for a 1 hour talk, I'd like to do
> something spectacular if we could.
> So would anyone like to come to Rochester with your XOs and help lead a
> 3 or 6 hour hands on session?  If so, what should we present for 3 hours?
> I need ideas!
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Karlie
>

> links