[IAEP] versus, not

Kathy Pusztavari kathy at kathyandcalvin.com
Tue May 5 08:59:28 EDT 2009

Bill, there is a difference between direct instruction and Direct
Instruction.  The latter (big D big I) is usually based on SRA's products
and outlined in the Direct Instruction Rubric.  Direct instruction (little d
little i) is usually a general set of guidelines teachers use to directly
instruction - to be a sage on the stage, to teach directly, to teach first
then...

I am only frustrated by SRA themselves.  The products are great and would be
extremely useful in teaching but they have a copyright stranglehold.  If
only I was an attorney and knew how to legally get around that....  Or if I
could find the millions (billions?) to buy it for public domain use.  I'm
telling you, people would have a fountain of curriculum they could use,
morph, etc.

-Kathy

  _____