[IAEP] Library Activity

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon May 4 15:34:37 EDT 2009

Carol,

I would not use sqllite 3.  The metadata for several hundred books could
easily fit in memory.  It would basically be a good sized spreadsheet.
Python has a "pickling" feature which can save a bunch of objects in
memory in a single file that can be easily reloaded into memory.  I
could store the pickle file as a Journal entry.  I would not try to
recreate ALL of Calibre, just the parts I would find the most useful.
That way the Activity could be entirely self contained.

James Simmons