[IAEP] Sugar is an X that happens to have an entire learning platform and operating system included.

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Sun May 3 10:56:08 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Caroline Meeks
<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:

> But it also makes sense to think about the easy to grasp benefits.  I think
> one important criteria is it needs to be something that a group of people
> already knows they want.  Anyone want to brainstorm with me? For Sugar on a
> Stick I've got:
>
> eBook reader that remembers the page and notes  and as the child moves from
> the computer to computer in classrooms, after-school and at home.
> ePortfolio solution for K-5th grade students
> Lets kid use Scratch even when the school won't let them install new
> software.

How are the collaboration and networking tools? Does it let kids
collaborate without setting them loose in the whole big scary internet
(many organizations and individuals are scared of anything connected
to the "real" internet)?

--
Cheers,
MariaD

Make math your own, to make your own math.

http://www.naturalmath.com social math site
http://www.phenixsolutions.com empowering our innovations