No subject

Sat Mar 14 20:08:29 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Judy Baker <bakerjudy at foothill.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Subject: [Free-Textbooks] Open Textbook Meetup Invitation
To: freetextbooks at freeculture.org

Open Textbook Meetup Invitation

The Community College Open Textbook Project (
http://www.collegeopentextbooks.org), California Digital Marketplace (
http://www.21st-digitalmarketplace.com/index.html), and the Open
Knowledge Foundation (http://www.okfn.org/ ) invite those with an
interest in repositories for open textbooks to a meeting on Wednesday,
May 20th at 1:30 - 3:30 pm PDT (2130-2330 GMT or 2230-0030 CET).=A0 In
particular, we want to coordinate metatagging, interoperability,
accessibility, and repository efforts for open textbooks.

Tenative Agenda

* Welcome and Meeting Purpose:=A0 To facilitate coordination of
metatagging, interoperability, accessibility, and repository efforts
for open textbooks
* Introductions:=A0 Name of attendee, Organizational affiliation,
Organization's goals and needs
* Identify and summarize common goals and needs
* Share metatagging, interoperability, and accessibility guidelines
for OER repositories
* Target 20 high-enrollment general education (transferable) courses
for open textbook development

How to Attend

You can attend in-person on the Foothill College campus or virtually
via internet/teleconference (meeting will be archived for access
later).

* To attend in-person, please contact Jacky Hood, CCOT Project
Director (hoodjackylene at fhda.edu) for a temporary parking permit and
directions.

* For virtual attendance, see the Login Guide (
http://www.cccconfer.org/pdfEL/Participants_Students-Connect_to_Your_Online=
_Sessions.pdf
) and Participant Guide (
http://www.cccconfer.org/pdfEL/Participants_Students-Quick_Reference_Overvi=
ew.pdf
).

Virtual Attendance Instructions

Teleconference

> Dial your telephone conference line: (888) 886-3951
> Enter your passcode: 228240

Internet

> Go to www.cccconfer.org.
> Click the Participant Log In button under the Meet & Confer logo
> Locate your meeting and click Go.
> Fill out the form and enter the password: 228240

Judy Baker, Dean
Foothill Global Access
Distance and Mediated Learning
Foothill College