[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Google summer of Code proposal: Speech Synthesis

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sun Mar 29 15:50:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:41:35AM +0530, chirag jain wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I have created a rough proposal of speech synthesis. Please have a look at:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/speech-synthesis
>
> Well the basic idea is to provide a button in core sugar like a home
> button which is always present, and whenever the user selects the text
> in current window and presses the speech button, the selected text is
> speaked out.
I'm sure we should expand this simple idea to full-featured support
of assistive technologies in sugar

> The doubt is how to provide the button in sugar core? If you have any
> ideas or suggestions please reply.
I've just started orca[1] and regular gnome-terminal.. and it doesnt
use any special buttons(in gnome-terminal) -- i think thats the way
sugar should follow.

[1] http://projects.gnome.org/orca/

--
Aleksey