[IAEP] status on Sugar Guide for 0.84

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:25:33 EDT 2009

Greetings Caryl,

I agree with you and in fact I've been very pleased to run Sugar v0.84
at full screen in virtualization on a Mac Mini, following the
instructions at this link: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads
easily reachable from the homepage of www.sugarlabs.org

(note: the download link onthe "Sugar on a Stick VirtualBox" page
appears to be broken it should be
http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/appliances/soas2-20090321.tar.gz)

We are still updating those wiki pages and the Mac page does need to
make clearer that Sugar will only run on an Intel processor Mac. It's
a pity because I'm sure lots of schools have older Macs (I have a
bunch at the house myself).

thanks

Sean