[IAEP] status on Sugar Guide for 0.84

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 09:52:08 EDT 2009

Hi all -
I am thinking the Sugar Guide is ready for one last look before I publish to
PDF and HTML.

It's still on the WRITE side of FLOSS Manuals, so feel free to do any
last-minute proofing and edits here:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar/8_4/WebHome

We had some technical hurdles to overcome since it's our first version
update on a manual (way to lead the way Sugar!). But I think enough bugs are
worked out to allow publishing tomorrow (Friday 3/27).

Final items:

   1. Walter or someone with python knowledge, could you review the
   "Modifying Sugar" chapter at
   http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar/8_4/ModifyingSugar? I had to
   take all the code examples (python and svg xml) and put them into images so
   that the PDF generation will work.
   2. There's a problem with misnumbered chapters for which I've logged a
   trac issue and Aco has taken: http://adam.engagetv.com/trac/ticket/81.
   3. Walter, David, and Adam - let's talk about getting an ISBN for this
   book if we want to sell it on Amazon. If we do decide to sell it on Amazon,
   we'll need a new book cover to match Crown Quarto dimensions. (The
   dimensions are 190mm x 250mm and the page count is 226.)

Thanks, all, for your assistance and patience.

Anne

--
Anne Gentle
email: annegentle at justwriteclick.com