[IAEP] format for lessons/content

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Mar 25 02:03:48 EDT 2009

Hi,
Forgive me if this has been discussed and resolved before - it perhaps
skipped my radar.

I ran into Jason Cole (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529185/)
today at OSBC (http://www.infoworld.com/event/osbc/) and mentioned the
problem of creating content/lessons for Moodle. IIRC, Bryan Berry had
raised this issue - what should teachers author lessons in? HTML,
Flash, PDF, etc.

Jason's suggestion for teachers building content on their own was to
use Moodle-on-a-usb stick
(http://docs.moodle.org/en/Student_projects/SQLite#Moodle.2FSQLite_on_a_stick).
Plug the stick into a computer, fire up Moodle on a stick, create a
course, backup the course to a zip file and restore it on Moodle on
the school server.

Has anyone tried this? I haven't yet using Moodle on a stick (although
I have backed up and restored Moodle courses several times...in fact
every semester) but will do so once I wrap up with OSBC. Thought I'd
pass this along for comments.

cheers,
Sameer
--