[IAEP] [SoaS-2] A bunch of new Snapshots. Please test!

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Mar 21 12:01:59 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

it has been calm for almost a week, but now there are news regarding
Sugar on a Stick! First of all, new snapshots have been made available.

You can now grab the .iso image from here:

And the virtual appliance from here:

So. What has changed? And why am I so excited about this release?

* The underlying kickstart file structure has changed completely. We've
merged the files for SoaS and OLPC's Fedora-XO effort, which means that
both sides won't need anymore to commit the same patch three times.

* We're now including quite a lot of activities from a.sl.o. Of course,
those need testing! *hint* :)

* As you may have noticed above, the virtual appliance images get now
created together with the live media image. No need to kick them off

* General package updates have taken place!

Well, most of these changes concern probably the underlying structure
and won't be necessarily evident to the average user, but I still quite
an improvement here.

Please also watch your inbox for upcoming news regarding the SoaS roadmap!

Thanks and happy hacking! :)
    --Your SoaS Team