[IAEP] [Marketing] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Welcome_to_the_Sugar_Labs_wiki

Nirav Patel olpc at spongezone.net
Tue Mar 17 12:14:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:40 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> All that said, I'd do an Irish jig if I knew how to change this text
> under the Google results link:
> "Spin-off of the "Sugar" desktop environment to another project."
>
> I object to both "Spin-off" and "desktop", I'd much rather read something like:
> "Innovative learning software environment for children"

In theory, adding a meta description tag [1] in the head of the front
page with another phrase will suggest that phrase to search engines..
Though, "Spin-off of the "Sugar" desktop environment to another
project." also appears on DMOZ [2] and elsewhere.

Nirav

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_tag#The_description_attribute
[2] http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Hardware/Systems/Notebooks_and_Laptops/One_Laptop_per_Child/