[IAEP] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Welcome_to_the_Sugar_Labs_wiki

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Mar 16 04:27:37 EDT 2009

Sean DALY wrote:
> Bernie - the logo has to point to the main page of the site - this was
> fixed yesterday - again, the crux of the problem is first-time
> visitors arriving at the "side door" and not even knowing there is a
> "front door"
>
> Could you please restore the link to the site hompage as soon as possible?

Done, but this paragraph in the main page also needs to be fixed
for consistency:

---cut---
If you are a new community member, please take a look around the wiki.
You can navigate the wiki using the menus along the left side of the
page. If you ever get lost, just click the logo in the upper left corner
to bring you back to this page.
---cut---

I also agree with Ivan that this behavior is quite awkward and
non-standard.  I've already clicked it twice by mistake today :-)

We have to find a good balance between friendliness to the casual
visitor and usability for everyday users.

I also don't quite like how the web site opens a separate browser window
for the wiki (and only for that link).  Tosay, it's a highly discouraged
web UI practice except for opening pop-ups in web applications.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/