[IAEP] Fwd: [P2P Forum www.peoplepeople.org] The Prime Stakeholder: Indigenous Voice In US-Africa Relations: March 25

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 00:49:11 EDT 2009

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <MsJoe21St at aol.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Subject: [P2P Forum      www.peoplepeople.org]  The Prime Stakeholder:
Indigenous Voice In US-Africa Relations: March 25
To: voice-of-uganda at googlegroups.com,
USAAfricaDialogue at googlegroups.com,
People_to_people_forum at yahoogroups.com
Cc: NIDOA at yahoogroups.com

You Are Invited

The Prime Stakeholder: Indigenous Voice In US-Africa Relations

African Solutions for African Development

March 25, 2009: 12:30 pm - 5:00 pm.

Free and Lunch will be served.

Venue: Ethiopian Embassy: 3506 International Drive, Washington, DC 2008

Presented By

Continental African Society Roundtable

 Featuring

Eliseo Neuman, American Jewish Committee, Africa Institute

Henry Hailstock, NAACP and the 100th Anniversary of NAACP

                                            “Don’t Forget Darfur”

Too often, African leaders, organizations and communities that bear
the effects of US policies in Africa are left out of the discourse and
solutions. This pioneering event brings together representatives of US
institutions working on behalf of African causes, civil society actors
and organizations, congressional staffers with the primary
stakeholders’ voice - Continental African organizations and leaders in
an interactive exchange on contextual understanding for
self-empowering actions.  We are honored to present the immeasurable
work of venerable organizations that have braved many frontiers for
African development, the American Jewish Committee’s African
Institute, and a tribute to NAACP’s 100th Anniversary in civil rights.

RSVP: continentalafricanlive.com. Call: 240-310-2886

For more information: http://continentalafricancommunity.org

Background

An indigenous public affairs program, the Continental African Society
Roundtable (CASR) encourages and promotes African self-reliance
because ultimately, Africa's developments require sustainable African
solutions. From the mid nineties with mostly African immigrants in the
US who desired to bring about positive socioeconomic and political
change on their Continent, the CASR has evolved into a collaborative
of concerned Continental African leaders and mutual aid organizations
committed to engage in US-Africa relations as indigenous stakeholders
in outcomes and to contribute to civil society developments in the
African Union.

Accordingly, CASR facilitates people-to-people exchange on common
cause across a variety of contexts, which enable informed and
experiential understanding among partnership communities and agencies.
Just as the issues shape our common humanity and dignity, through
direct dialogue, CASR fosters mutual learning about the mission,
goals, outreach and accomplishments of each other’s work as leaders,
institutions, and communities.  By creating conducive climates that
bring down communication barriers in order to identify common purpose,
people can be empowered and encouraged to direct actions for
sustainable solutions.

________________________________
Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession.

__._,_.___

** The views expressed in this post do not necessarily represent the
views of People to People or its staff. The views are solely that of
the author.

** This forum is a discussion on international health issues with many
posts per day. This forum is moderated by People to People and not
every post submitted will be posted. Each post will be evaluated to
ensure it conforms to the intent and relevance of the discussion.  If
you would like to learn more about People to People please visit and
become a member/volunteer.  http://www.peoplepeople.org

People to People Staff

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to
Fully Featured

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)