[IAEP] 0.84 doc updates

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Mar 15 16:53:27 EDT 2009

Should we be working on the documents at
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar/8_4/ ?

david

more inline

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Anne Gentle <annegentle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all -
> Thanks to those of you who did updates on the Sugar guide for 0.84. We're
> close but need a couple more items in order to complete the updates.
>
> Also, I can't currently export to HTML or PDF to update the Help Activity.
> I'm in touch with the FM tech team to get a resolution.
>
> I have a few additional questions, after poking around this week.
>
> 1. Can you update an XO-1 to the 0.84 build? I can't find a method for doing
> that.

Sadly, it not easy at this time.  OLPC no longer distributes and
maintains a OS for the XO.  The upgrade path involves updating the OX
to a Fedora base OS.

> 2. I'm using SoaS to get my screenshots and then emailing them to myself
> using Gmail in the Browse Activity. How else could I copy files from the
> Journal (on SoaS) to another location?
> 3. In the 0.84 control panel aka My Settings, I don't see the Software
> Update button. How can we update the Help Activity contents or other
> Activities? The answer to this will help with updates to
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar/8_4/Updating.

Updating will happen using the distribution's native packaging tools.
Yum for Fedora and apt-get for Debian and Ubuntu.