[IAEP] Running sugar at almost-native speeds in Windows

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:29:20 EDT 2009

I used to use coLinux regularly when my contracts required me to work
on Windows, and I contributed various info to their Wiki. If Sugar on
coLinux turns out to be worthwhile, I will be happy to help  with
documentation.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   > Hi all, I was musing on ways to ease demoing for Windows users, and
>   > I thought of something: why not leverage the work done by
>   > coLinux?
>
> dogi tried this, and it didn't work because HAL didn't want to run on a
> kernel without inotify, which it claimed was true of the colinux kernel.
> If the F10 build works with HAL already, it sounds like you (and he) are
> all set.

Not so fast. F10 lives above the kernel. However, I assume that
compiling a coLinux kernel with inotify is straightforward. Let me
know if I am wrong, otherwise, let's give it a try.

> - Chris.
> --
> Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>

And Children are my nation.