[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS-2] Feature Complete? Another Snapshot.

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Mar 8 17:00:35 EDT 2009

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 06.03.2009, at 20:33, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> there's another snapshot of soas-2 ready for testing! There will be
>> another snapshot on this Sunday to have an up2date image for bug
>> triaging sessions. It's really important for us to get as much
>> feedback
>> as possible in this state of soas-2, since we'd like to get a release
>> rolled out soonish and should have all blockers fixed beforehand,
>> right?
>>
>> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/Soas2-200903061846.iso
>
> Boots in VMWare now, great!

Yay! Cool, good to hear...

>> * You can now enjoy builds of Read and EToys - cool, heh?
>
> I do not see Etoys installed.

I'll need to double-check this. The files should be directly in the
etoys package: Probably I was using an outdated mirror or... dunno, yet.

>> * As already mentioned, from now on, all images will contain the SoaS
>> version number to avoid confusion.
>
> Where? In the About box it just says "Fedora 10.91 Rawhide" and
> "0.84.0".

Ah, sorry. I should have been more specific: I referred to the 2 in the
file name, which should also have been on the file system label. But
seems like I didn't commit everything...

> And I noticed TurleArt does not start, it's missing the
> numpy.oldnumeric module.
>
> - Bert -

Thanks for your testing! :)

--Sebastian