[IAEP] Lots of Interest in SoaS at CUE

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sat Mar 7 09:36:43 EST 2009

My readings in the class I am taking this semester deal with what sort of
beliefs cause people to go into helpless mode, where they give up when they
encounter a challenge and what sort of beliefs, and teaching, cause the same
people to embrace challenge and believe that continued effort will result in
continued progress.

I think every time we communicate with teachers we want to frame Sugar in a
way that encourages the belief that incremental effort will result in
progress and discourage helpless behavior in the face of challenge, like
trying it, saying it doesn't work and never trying again.

So today for educators here is a thought:

"Worldwide people are testing and improving Sugar on a Stick. With the help
of people like you, trying it and telling us what problems and suggestions
you have, we plan to having this in the first classrooms this fall and in
the first schools schoolwide in the Spring.  This is an all volunteer effort
and your help, even now when we still have a lot of bugs, is really
important."

-Caroline

--
Caroline Meeks