[IAEP] Lots of Interest in SoaS at CUE

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:13:44 EST 2009

Greetings from the CUE (Computer Using Educators) conference in Palm Springs.

There has been a lot of interest in SoaS here.  Some folks I have talked with are quite tech savvy and will probably have no problem going to our web site and downloading the software successfully to run on their computers. I gave all of them the url that will let them do that.

However, there are a lot of educators who do not have the technical knowledge to do it.  I will admit that, at the moment, I am one of them. However, I plan to make all of that change!  With the help of some of you, I hope to successfully master the process well enough to write another one of my plain-English "Grannies Guides." We could call this "Grannies Guide to making and using Sugar on A Stick."

It will be something that will let any educator (or anyone else) who wants to run Sugar on their non-XO machine, do it.  I'll need lots of help doing this.  Anyone want to help? I have one more day at the conference and I have lots of things to catch up on when I get home so I won't be able to start on this for a week or so.

Caryl