[IAEP] inaugural Education Team meeting

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:54:56 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
> The 'short window' in item 3 refers to the development release schedule for
> the major distributions.

Actually, I ws referring to somewhat different window. There is a
gathering of teachers who are experienced with using Sugar in their
classrooms. Getting their feedback would be of great value, not just
to the short-term needs to meet the release schedule but also be of
benefit to our 0.86 planning.

> The survey will seek to recruit ideas of Sugar software developments needed
> to better support their mission, along with deployment representatives to
> help communicate those needs to the  systems design & support communities.

This particular survey will seek to recruit ideas from teachers. But
another survey is planned for developers along the lines you are
describing.

> interesting, and the exercise may help demonstrate the  value of
> participating in a closer collaboration with the designers & developers.

+1

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> We'll be having an Education Team meeting on Friday, 6 March, at 15
>> UTC (10 EST) on irc.freenode.net #sugar-meeting
>>
>> Agenda:
>>
>> 1. Introduce ourselves (If you cannot attend the meeting but would
>> like to be introduced to the group, please send me an email)
>>
>> 2. Discuss the mission of the Education Team (See the strawman at
>> http://sugarlabs.org/go/EducationTeam#Mission)
>>
>> 3. Design a survey for the teachers attending a Sugar workshop in
>> Uruguay (We have a short window of opportunity to get feedback from
>> 600 teachers who have been using Sugar in their classrooms for 1
>> year.)
>>
>> 4. Decide on a regular meeting time (If you cannot attend, please
>> suggest times that would work better for you.)
>>
>> Please contact me in advance regarding other pressing topics.
>>
>> Hope to see you there.
>>
>> regards.
>>
>> -walter
>> --