[IAEP] http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 04:12:07 EST 2009

Building a website for kids seems like a great idea to me. An online
extension of the Sugar interface could foster interaction between
Sugarized schools in a country and even beyond borders. The commitment
of choosing a username is not major for an existing Sugar user. And,
it could provide curious grownups with a (partial) idea of the Sugar
experience.

However, the static site about to go live is targeted at prospective
Sugar deployers (educators, parents), not prescriptive Sugar users
(children) - although there will undoubtedly be kids visiting. To
reach these adults, obscure marketing won't be the best approach in my
view - but clearly communicating the Sugar difference will. Which is
not to say that the site needs a cookie-cutter approach, I like the
book-like presentation which lends itself to being printed out and
passed around.

Sean