[IAEP] Activities Under Emulation

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 1 00:17:19 EST 2009

Hi All,

I am working on a presentation I will be doing about OLPC and Sugar at a huge educator's conference in Palm Springs next week.  I realize I need some nitty-gritty type info about the current state of Sugar emulation on PCs and Macs.  Can anyone fill me in on the latest, most up-to-date answers to these questions?  Maybe Luke? Anyone else?

Will the latest Live CD work with both PCs and Macs? (most educators prefer and have Macs)

Will the latest SOAS work with both PCs and Macs?

Regarding various Activities...which run best under emulation?

Will the following specific activities work under emulation:

Record (on machines with built in cameras and mics)?

Measure (on machines with built in mics)?

Distance (on machines with bluetooth)?

Write?

Paint?

EToys?

Squeak?

TurtleArt?

The TamTam suite of activities?

I have heard there is a way that other types of computers running under emulation can collaborate.  Has anyone tried this successfully.  What did you use and how did you do it? Was the neighborhood view and inviting collaborators enabled?

I'm sure I haven't thought of everything, but this will give me a start.

Thanks,
Caryl