[IAEP] VM Appliance of Soas-strawberry works....

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Jun 25 21:00:44 EDT 2009

Yes....
It works well. has all of the features of KDE and Sugar. Sugar is
started from KDE (sugar-emulator) It updates, add and remove programs etc.

If done in VMworkstation it is about 3.5GB and fits on toshiba 4 or 8 GB
or SD.s Runs well from my ubuntu live usb Boot stick with VMPlayer
installed.
NO Interference  w/ underlying PC HD and is hardware independent because
of VMPlayer interface being the same each time.

Faster if installed and run off HD though....

Cordially;

Tom Gilliard
satellit
Bend, Oregon. USA

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
So basically you used "liveinst" to install to the hard disk, then add a
full KDE desktop, and then run Sugar in a window using sugar-emulator?

- Bert -
On 25.06.2009, at 22:02, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:

Bert;

I am actually using the install from inside sugar terminal to do an
actual install. Albeit to a VM Hard disk in VM Workstation:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/VMware#Soas-Strawberry.iso_installed_to_VM_Hard_Disk

All of the elements are there on the wiki

I have a great Appliance that I can download to you if you want it.
Tell me how..
I have not been successful in logging into sunjammer to access my account.

Cordially

Tom Gilliard
satellit
Bend Oregon. USA

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
Great! I was trying to make Strawberry run in VMware but failed:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/VMware/Preparing_a_disk_image

- Bert -