[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 15, Issue 114

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 19:53:17 EDT 2009

Gary,

The ideas are not bad.  I've kind of grown attached to what I have so
I think I'll stick with that for release 1, which I am debugging as I
write this.  It's coming along pretty well.  Maybe a third idea is to
have the original Read icon with a small Browse icon inside it and
"speed lines" like fast moving objects in comic books have.  This
would all be in 2D so there would be no need to avoid using a fill
color.

If you want to have a try at making some icons that would be fine, but
if not I think your ideas are simple enough that I could have a go at
them myself.  I like A better than B.  If kids don't know what a card
catalog is they probably wouldn't recognize a bookworm either.
Reminds me of a friend from Thailand who described his daughter as a
"worm book".

James Simmons