[IAEP] IAEP Digest, Vol 15, Issue 114

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 22:02:34 EDT 2009

Fred,

The problem with books on a shelf is that Aleksey is already using
that image for his Library Activity and I think it is more fitting for
that because he is creating a sort of electronic bookshelf, whereas
I'm creating a card catalog.

I found that when I tried to use my icon with the &fill_style variable
in Sugar it displays with no fill whatsoever, so you just see a jumble
of lines instead of an image.  I fixed that by replacing the
&fill_style with the color white instead.  It doesn't change colors
the same way other icons do, but it's tolerable.  So the animation
you're seeing might be related to that, because without the fill color
it's like a wire frame drawing.

As for the prominent vertical line, I think I'm stuck with it.
Inkscape does two point perspective just like I learned in drafting
class so long ago.  I don't think I can tilt the line.  Even if I
could, I'm reasonably happy with the drawing, just unhappy with *what*
I'm drawing.  I'm really looking for a better symbol.  Maybe a book
with speed lines, like it's being thrown.

James Simmons