[IAEP] Notes on Sugar on Virtual Box work session with a Math and Science teacher

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Thu Jun 25 16:46:55 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <
bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Caroline Meeks wrote:
> > What can she do for a Jabber server.
>
> Does she need one?  Sugar has serverless collaboration that works very
> well... as long as there isn't too much collaboration traffic for the
> network to handle.  The maximum number of students seems to vary between
> 20 and 40, depending on wireless network hardware, physical classroom
> layout, RF environment, etc.  The limits are probably much higher for
> wired networks.

Good point.  They should be able to collaborate via the local access point
by just taking the server out of the network settings.

However, if they want to collaborate from home they would need a server or a
service that supplies it.  But, you are right, she could get started with
only local collaboration.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove