[IAEP] View Slides an alternative to PowerPoint?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon Jun 22 16:04:20 EDT 2009

I deleted the digest that contained someone asking about putting Open
Office on an XO to get alternatives to Excel and PowerPoint, but I'd
like to suggest that with the features I added to View Slides over the
weekend you *could* use View Slides to create and view presentations.
What you could do is create individual slides using the Record Activity
or one of the Paint Activities.  These would create separate image files
in the Journal.  Then you'd fire up View Slides to add these images to a
slide show, arranging them in sequence by renaming the images in the
show, and deleting images that aren't needed.  Then View Slides could be
used to view the presentation.  You can even hide the mouse cursor and
view the images full screen.

It isn't Power Point, but on the other hand, it isn't Power Point.

The pictures at http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4039
tell the story.  Unfortunately they tell the story out of sequence.
There doesn't seem to be any way to arrange the pictures in order.

James Simmons