[IAEP] IAEP] Press release flurry planning (LinuxTag - FOSSED - > NECC - GUADEC)

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:16:54 EDT 2009

Hi Sean and All,
Could you include something about the Contributors Program in the press release?  I will be doing a 30 min Virtual Session at NECC Unplugged (Tues June 30 from 11:00-11:30 EDT) where folks can learn more about the Contributors program and have their questions about it answered. If they plan to attend any of the virtual sessions (including Caroline's, Walter's, Mike Lee's and mine,) they will have to get access to Elluminate (free).  This should be done ahead of time.
http://www.neccunplugged.com/
http://www.elluminate.com/

Incidentally, I want to encourage you all to consider applying for the Contributors program.  This is a great time to do it. Machines are currently available (XO-1.0s) for just about any legitimate project proposed.
The innards of XO 1.5s will also be available for developers and others with good projects who have the 1.0s and the ability to swap them out.  If any of you are interested in getting one of these, this is the time to apply and "get in line" for when they come out.
Sean, If you need any more info from me for the press release, just send me a private email at caryl at laptop.org
Caryl
P.S. If any of you are interested in ARG, a certain relative of mine, Chris Bigenho, will be doing a double  onsite virtual session on Monday June 29 from 12:30-1:30 P.M in the same room where Mike Lee is presenting in the morning.  Chris is working on using ARG in education as part of his PhD program at the University of North Texas.  He hopes to include Sugar and the XO in his project.