[IAEP] The Show Must Go On - SoaS for the XO-1

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:34:02 EDT 2009

Hi...

Tell "Grannie" about it too!   I will muddle my way through it this week and write a short "Grannie's Guide To Running SoaS on your XO."  I guess I will have to include a "guide to getting a developer key for your XO."  Explaining techie things to non-techie folks is something I can do very well. ;-)

Caryl (aka "Grannie".... among other things,  former AlgebraS teacher...the S stands for "Slow"... not the teacher!)
> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:34:40 +0200
> From: Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>
> Subject: Re: [IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Show Must Go On - SoaS for the XO-1
> To: Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com>
> Cc: IAEP <iaep at lists.sugarlabs.org>,	Sugar Devel
> 	<sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>,	Sugar Labs Marketing
> 	<Marketing at lists.sugarlabs.org>
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:30, Sean DALY<sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In my view it's never a mistake to indicate that a procedure will wipe all data.
> >
> > We all have a learning curve and the first time I lost all my Journal
> > entries including photos on an XO I wasn't happy about it.
>
> I think we shouldn't put the burden of communicating with the general
> public on the developers. Sebastian is doing an awesome amount of work
> and he may not have too many spare cycles to think about everything
> that is required to communicate to the different people.
>
> What if we developers only announce in developer-oriented forums and
> someone else (marketing team?) takes the task of communicating it to
> end users?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu
>
> > Sean