[IAEP] UNICEF seeks Education Director, NY headquarters

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 01:44:41 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI, if anyone knows anyone
>
> Saw the ad in The Economist June 6-12 issue.
> Note: not listed on
> http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_currentvacancies.html

http://www.un.int/japan/jp/hr/UNICEF%20VB-09-04%204%20March%202009.pdf
"The Vacancy Bulletin is intended primarily for UNICEF staff, although
applications from staff members of other United Nations organizations
are also accepted."

The purpose of this post is to serve as Chief of the Education
Section, to provide intellectual, technical, managerial and advocacy
leadership in UNICEF in the formulation and implementation of its
education policy and programme within UNICEF’s overall mission of
child survival, protection and development and to advise the Executive
Director on related policy matters.

Minimum Requirements:

              •                Advanced university degree in education
or in the other social sciences.

              •                Professional work experience for over
fifteen years at national level, preferably in a developing country
and an additional ten years at an international level, including
senior level management experience, and extensive and varied working
experience; demonstrated capacity to exercise intellectual and
technical leadership and wide recognition in the profession.

              •                Fluency in English and either Spanish
or French required.

> The form to fill out is here:
> http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_apply.html
> Note: it is in a proprietary closed format.
>
> quote "VN-09-095" and send to recruit.ssr at unicef.org
>
> Salary $200K, benefits etc.
>
> Deadline is June 30.

And Children are my nation.