[IAEP] Steve Hargadon, Classroom 2.0, and Eluminate

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:41:19 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have mentioned to several of you, including the folks on last Sunday's Support Gang conference call, the Eluminate online service, which is being used extensively in education.  Today I finally put 2 and 2 together!  The Classroom 2.0 group is facilitated by Steve Hargadon.  I wondered why his name was so familiar...he is a big advocate of Open Source in education and has run the Open Source "pavilions" at the CUE conferences and other important events.
Classroom 2.0 does some interesting seminars online using the Eluminate software (which is a pay service except they give away a lot of things free).  Past seminars are also available for viewing on their site.
If you are interested in joining Classroom 2.0, you can take a look at their site at:

http://www.classroom20.com/

If you want to know more about Eluminate (and how to sign up for a "virtual room" where you and 2 other computer users can meet) check out their site at:
http://www.elluminate.com/index.jsp

Those of us participating in NECC Unplugged will be do it via Eluminate.
Caryl