[IAEP] Gravity lesson

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:26:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Walter Bender<walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about making a video?

I intend to run through all of the capabilities of Sugar, including
animations, videos, and TA Portfolio. Today I am fixing my set of
Turtle Art icon tiles for TA 51. Tomorrow I will post some of my
Turtle Art programs, which you can walk through. In the meantime, here
they are in Logo:

Constant acceleration:

window

to tasetxy :x :y
penup
setxy :x :y
pendown
end

to stack1
repeat 18.0 [ make "box1 plus :box1 :box2 forward :box1 pendown
forward 0.0 penup ]
end

to ta0
clearscreen
tasetxy -50.0 200.0
right 180.0
pendown
forward 0.0
penup
make "box1 1.0
make "box2 2.0
stack1
forward 50.0
end

Parabola:

window

to tasetxy :x :y

penup

setxy :x :y

pendown

end

to ta0
clearscreen
tasetxy -50.0 200.0
right 180.0
pendown
forward 0.0
penup
make "box1 1.0
make "box2 2.0
stack2
forward 30.0

end

to stack2

repeat 18.0 [ left 90.0 forward 20.0 right 90.0 make "box1 plus :box1
:box2 forward :box1 pendown forward 0.0 penup ]

end

> -walter
>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Edward Cherlin<echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have created a version of Alan Kay's third grade gravity lesson
>>
>> http://download.laptop.org/content/conf/20080520-country-wkshp/Video/2008-05-20/13-Beyond-Printing
>> (medium).ogg
>>
>> with models built in Turtle Art 51, and posted a link to it at
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai/Plans_and_Essays
>>
>> I will be interested to hear comments. This is just the first of
>> perhaps 10,000 such ^_^, if we follow Bryan Berry's estimate of the
>> number of topics for every subject in every grade.
>>
>> --
>> Silent Thunder (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر ج) is my name
>> And Children are my nation.
>> The Cosmos is my dwelling place, The Truth my destination.
>> http://earthtreasury.org/worknet (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)

> Walter Bender
> Sugar Labs
> http://www.sugarlabs.org