[IAEP] personalisation and collaboration

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:01:04 EDT 2009

David,

For frameworks, you may want to look at "achievement systems" and
"reputation systems" (e.g. karma on slashdot). I just helped a colleague
with his grant proposal about adding achievement systems to a peer
review-based authoring environment, Expertiza, so we did some literature
review for that. It's a well-developed topic in gaming and in internet-based
community studies. It involves creating an "economy" of good deeds,
basically. In more advanced systems, users can define or co-define which
deeds are considered "good."

--
Cheers,
MariaD

Make math your own, to make your own math.

http://www.naturalmath.com social math site
http://groups.google.com/group/naturalmath future math culture email group
http://www.phenixsolutions.com empowering our innovations