[IAEP] Keyboard problem? Terminal Problem? ???? Problem

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:55:55 EDT 2009

Hi...
I decided to try to install Flash in an XO running 802 so that I might be able to get the Periodic Table of Videos and Live Mocha  to work on an XO.
I started in terminal mode, and thinking I would be extra safe and remove Gnash first,  I followed the instructions (see first example)
That appeared to work fine and went through a lot of steps.  I hit the return button several times before it said it was complete.

Then I tried to continue with the installation instructions  (See second example).
Every time I typed su- l ( that is "el" not "one") it returned the message:
bash:  su- :  command not found
and returned the prompt:
[olpc at xo-15-01-D ~] $
I tried restarting and it happened the same way.  I tried different characters (like "one") and the problem persisted.
Any suggestions?  I can reflash to a fresh copy of 802 that still contains Gnash if that will help.  I thought maybe leaving Gnash in would cause a problem, but it looks like removing it may have caused even more trouble.
ThanksCaryl
Examples follow:

su -l
yum remove gnash gnash-pluginsu -lwget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/flash-plugin-10.0.15.3-release.i386.rpm
rpm -i flash-plugin-10.0.15.3-release.i386.rpm
exit