[IAEP] [Grassroots-l] OLPC in Kindergarten

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Jun 14 08:42:44 EDT 2009

> Radia Perlman in the 70s when at student at MIT did extensive experiments with preliterate children and the LOGO turtle and built a number of interfaces for them. She also spent some time at Xerox PARC where we duplicated her interfaces and did many similar experiments with chldren 3 years on up.

thanks, found :
http://www.formatex.org/micte2006/virtual/pdf/582.pdf
see fig 3 with plastic cards showing visual images of turtle commands

http://www.formatex.org/micte2006/virtual/ppt/582.ppt
similar image

http://logothings.wikispaces.com/
towards the end, photo of Radia Perlman's Button Box for Pre-Schoolers

http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~mcnerney/personal-ubicomp.pdf
more discussion than the above