[IAEP] soas install to hard disk

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Jun 11 09:38:07 EDT 2009

On 11 Jun 2009, at 10:08, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm forwarding this to some people who I heard yesterday in IRC
> discussing this issue.

Yea, FWIW I had a quick go as a test case trying to see if it was
possible to install Soas booted from a USB stick onto the XO nand. I
was doubtful it was going to work (due to the XO custom hardware), but
I didn't get too far anyway as the current Soas does not have
anaconda; and trying a yum install it got close to complete before the
XO went OOM and locked up.

I may try again in Virtual Box.

--Gary